Friday, April 26, 2013

Opinions, Spoilers and Snippets

I've been writing Skuttlebuggia, again! And there's this scene I'm not overly sure about, and the reactions I've been getting aren't the most helpful things in the world... So, I'm posting it here in the hopes of people being helpful and actually giving me feedback. So, if you've got the time, please read and comment! It means a lot!

By the way...

SPOILERS!


They stand over me, laughing sadistically. They being my supposed friends – Chrissius, Charisma, Cassidy, Aeliana, Phoibe, Silvanus and Leonardo. The people I trust.
Their eyes show as much amusement as their smiles, and all it makes me want to do is hide in a dark room alone, where nobody would see me. They make me feel so small, as I lie here on the cold ground and blood spills from my ear.
Chrissius’ foot comes into contact with my side, and I scream in agony, causing only more laughter. Charisma crouches down beside me, with a mock-look of sympathy on her face.
“Aw, look at you. Not so strong now are you, Golden Girl? You’re even weaker than the rest. You relied on Zacharia. And he was only with you out of pity. I heard he had a crush on Cassidy, actually. I definitely remember hearing him say she was cute…” she smirks.
“No.” I gasp, trying to sit up. “He loved-“
I feel a fist hit my nose, and someone’s foot on my stomach, pushing me down. Because of Charisma punching me in the nose, my words are cut short and blood begins to gush from my nose. Out of instinct, my hands go up to my nose in attempt to stop the bleeding, even though I know it won’t help. My natural battle reflexes tell me my best shot is to kick up, so I do, but Chrissius sidesteps out of the way, and Silvanus presses his foot down on my chest even harder, forcing breath from my chest.
“Nice try, sweetheart. But you’re going to have to try harder than that if you want to help yourself, though you’ve never been good at that have you? You’ve always had someone to do everything for you. Just fluttered your eyelashes and act badly done to, then you’d have everyone doing everything you wanted.” Chrissius wears a smug sort of look on his face as he leans almost lazily against the wall. Charisma is with him, and she’s all over him. The way they’re acting makes me feel slightly ill; they never cared about Zacharia, they just care about themselves and getting what they want.
I gasp as something pierces the skin on my cheek – a knife, I think – and blood dribbles down my face.
Charisma laughs, this time, observing Cassidy’s handiwork from afar. “Your looks improve with each cut! Then again, anything could improve what you look like.” I manage to make out Chrissius saying something about how clever she was before kissing her again.
“Sorry, honey,” I hear someone whisper in my ear, bringing my attention to the blade near my throat. “But Zacharia was always mine – he never liked you.” Cassidy presses the blade into my throat, and I’m dead within moments, I didn’t even have enough time to scream.

6 comments:

  1. Wouldn't the 'stand' in the first sentence be a 'stood'? And I don't think you need the 'a knife, I think' at the end of the sixth paragraph. And maybe you could replace the word 'dribbles' as well but other wise it was a fantastic umm...chapter(?)!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. How to say what I want to say without giving the wrong impression?

    Erm . . .

    *decides* Read this through to the end without judging before you read all of it:

    It's horrible. But I don't mean it's horrible as in the way it's writing, I mean it's a horrible scene. It's amazingly horrible. It's amazing. It's very awesome. Awesomely horrible.

    IT'S SO AWESOME. :)

    So yeah.

    I just didn't want you to see "it's horrible" and feel all sad. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Gone-style awesome horribleness. *nods*

    Yesssssss. I finally said it right.

    JUST IGNORE THE FIRST COMMENT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I have already said...

    WOW. THE FEELS. STOP KILLING THEM.

    Am I really such a bitch? Damn it!

    I agree with Charisma's reasoning about this not being real btw...

    ****SPOILER! DO NOT READ!****
    You kill her, then you hunt us all down. So how could she be there, and how could you die?
    ****SPOILER! DO NOT READ!****

    You have screwed with my mind Luciana. And it is frustrating. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What??? Don't kill yourself off! Where would the rest of Skuttlebuggia be???

    As for the writing, it's very good. I could picture the scene in my head. Although, the knife part seems to be okay, considering its from your point of view and you couldn't tell completely(until the end of the scene of course) if it was a knife or something else. As for what Alexandra said about the stand thing, it seems to me that you're doing a present tense point of view, yes? If so, stand is fine as it is. The writing has the same feel as the Hunger Games perspective, which is cool.

    I hope it's good enough feedback. If not, I hope you liked the comment anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GIVE ME YOUR WRITING SKILLS
    PLEASE
    Sorry that Char's being a major bitch.
    Char, don't hurt Luce. Just kiss Chris, that's a good little walrus.

    ReplyDelete